Yoga is stereotypically treated as some womanly exercise that only improves flexibility. How wrong is that assumption? Yoga not only helps you to shape and tone your body, but in can bring in a healing spiritual aspect to the workout as well that leaves your body in good shape and your mind at peace. Yoga can be traced throughout history before BC, making it one of the oldest forms of exercise.
- Yoga is an amazing stress reliever. Yoga encourages relaxation and meditation along with spiritual healing which can lower the cortisol in your body, soothing your mind and body and ridding you of stress.
- Yoga is also a powerful pain reliever. Yoga includes a lot of stretching and deep breathing exercises that act as an amazing pain reducer. Many who have had depilating injuries or illnesses report that yoga helps immensely with their aches and pains.
- The most obvious benefit from yoga is flexibility. Most of the yoga poses encourage flexibility, but this does not mean you will just be able to touch your toes. Yoga also increases the length of your muscles, ligaments, and tendons in your body.
- Who works out without the motivation of gaining strength? While yoga does not use any weights or heavy lifting, the different poses strengthens your muscles close to your bones, not only strengthening your muscles, but increasing the support of your skeletal system as well.
- While yoga has many physical benefits, a main component in yoga is the focus on inner peace and spiritual healing. With the practices of deep breathing and a peaceful mentality that is tied in with yoga, it can take the edge off your body and give you that unbelievably amazing sensation and feeling of pure happiness and inner peace. Yoga can truly give you peace of mind.
Yoga is an exercise that possesses the rarity of combining spiritual and strength exercises with amazing results. Yoga is not an exercise exclusive to women and should be practiced by everyone whenever possible. It is a fantastic exercise that is not only good for your head, but good for your heart.